Sayings I like.

Slow and steady wins the race.
To finish first you must first finish.

Friday, December 19, 2008

Snow Snow and more Snow

That is right. We had gotten snow the other day but that was nothing. Today Friday came snow snow and more snow. They said it would be the biggest snow fall that we have seen this year. We have not gotten much snow and the past few years we have not gotten much snow. They said at drive time which is like 7am there would not be any snow. This was true. Well my mom said it started around 8am. She got me up at 9am because it was shopping day. I woke up and had known it was snowing because I looked out my window. Well after I grabbed a bite to eat and then it was out the door. My mom had put her car in the garage after my dad left for work. So started driving and you expect the side roads to be bad but not the main. Well main roads were crap. We went to shop rite and got what we could there. My mom had given me the money so she could clean off the car. I had gotten done with paying and bagging because at that place you bag your own things. I was gonna wait but I thought she was done and went out anyway. I took the bags and went to the car. Well it was around 11am which is lunch time for us. See I all ways ate around that time when I was in school and still do. Anyway so we went to subway. From there it was off to Wegmans to finish shopping. Oh my by this time the roads were still CRAP. People seem to forget how to drive they need "time to adjust" to the snow. I think they need to stop driving. Anyway on the way home we finally saw the plows. There were 2 one behind the other and so they could clear both laines and there were still more behind them I believe they were salting. So we were on latta and my mom was slowing down because of the light and the idiot behind her was not really slowing down and he was going to fast anyway. So my mom said we are gonna get hit. I am very thankful we did not the car turned their wheels to the right to hit the side and no other cars. People if you drive in snow you need to go way slowere then the speed limet and slow down earlier than you normaly would for the light. So we excaped that thanks to god. We got home safily and my mom backed into the garage. At this tiem it was about 1 or alittle after. There was about oh I would say 5 or 6 inches of snow maybe more. So I had to suit up and get ready do use the snow blower. I put on my snow pants which I may add I have lost enought weight to have my jeans on under my snow pants and have the snap come un done when I bend over. I am extreamly proud of that. Any way got my snow pants and before I ziped and snaped them I got my boots on then stoud up and ziped and snaped my snow pants. I then put on my sweat shirt then my special winter hat I have for the snow blower. It is not a normal winter hat. Anyway I got that on and scrunched it up all you could see was my eyes. Then I put my hood up on my sweat shirt. I also had my gloves on. I went into the garage and started the snow blower. Mind you I only use my snow pants when the snow is coming down like crazy and blowing. I would normaly also put on my winter coat that I have but nope I went with a sweat shirt. I may add I did a great job on the drive way . Oh and of corse I was jsut about done and the street plow came thankfully I was half way down the driveway and second to last pass when it came. So sence I was down there I had to clean the bottom again. Ahh the joys of snow. I came in and took the dog out on her leash. Normally she would run if she is loose but nope. I got her in the snow on the grass and put some on her she wanted nothing to do with it and headed right for the garage. It was funny. So driveway got done and alittle play time with the dog. I threw a snow ball at her in the garage and she almost cought it. When it landed she ate what she could. They said we will be getting more snow Sunday. This shold be fun. My dad plans on going out tomorrow and he will have to snow blow the driveway before he goes any where. So it was a fun filled winter day of snow snow and more snow. Oh and I want to add snow is still coming down and it is still blowing out. Have a wonderful day. Lets say we WILL have a white Christmas. Ps. I wanted to add we can not open the frount door I did not shovel in frount of it because my mom ushally does and I thought she was coming out but did so we can't open it. I guess we will have to leave out the garage.

No comments: