Sayings I like.

Slow and steady wins the race.
To finish first you must first finish.

Sunday, December 28, 2008

The Wind

The wind is something that can become very bad. After a cold day then a 60 degree day the winds come and they come with a vengins. Around 10am the power started to go on and off. This was due to winds. Then at 11:05am it went out. At this time I normally getting something for lunch. Well I went around making sure everything had been turned off. We had no clue what time it would come back on. Then I grabed lunch and mad sure to only open the fridge fast so I thought of what I needed to get it all at once. I ate lunch and well what was I to do. So we all took a nice long nap. It was something I think we all needed. My mom not having much sleep due to knowing she was gonna have to fallow my sis up to the airport in the am. She has no clue why she even went due to my sis had to return the car she rented so it was like why am I going. But my mom went anyway. So like I said a nap was wonderful. We were all extreamly happy 5 hours later when the power came back on. We then new it was getting to be dinner time so we ended up getting lasgnia out of the freezer. It was left over form dinner the day after christmas. We could actally warm it up because we had power. My dad wanted toast earlier but that was not happening due to no power. Oh and also I got my last christmas present. I did not get it on christmas due to my parents not wanting my sis to see it. I got a Viola. I am so excited I played it years ago. I played it in elementray school but for only half the school year. I had a not so nice teacher who told me I could never play a sting insterment. I have been playing guitar for 6 to 7 years now. She told me I would need one on one lessions but that not true. Thre was only 5 or 6 in my viola class so it is crazy cause there was more in my guitar class and I learned it. So now again I have a viola and I am very excited to get it tuned and get tape on so I can remember where to put my fingers lol. I never had that. I am alittle scared to tune it with the tuner it came with due tue I am scared to break a sting or the bridge. I am hoping to lern how to tune it once it is tuned. So that was my wonderful day. It was insain and the wind is one powerful things never under estmate it. We are now looking foward to a possible 3 stoms. Aah the joys of winter.

No comments: